Wednesday, February 2, 2011

September part 1


The angels can't fly anymore.
They are useless husks of dream,
hanging from the skyscrapers
like finished shriveled leaves.


I fell asleep inside you,
and the angels cannot fly.

I kissed your holy shoulder
full of stars with unclean lips.

I stared into your tennis shoes
soft forgotten light.

I wrung the darkness from
my sleeves.

I tied my scarf into purposeless
knots.

I believed in gods inside your
glances in every smile you never
gave.

I don't love you,
but I want you,
and the angels cannot fly.

Your crumpled sadness is a temple.

Your meaningless fits
of self are worship songs.

I'd like to Golden you with my lips
for seven hours

to salvation you every morning
with my bare and blighted hands.

But God cannot be fired,
and the angels cannot fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment